Ah, Apple Arcade. "A game subscription service unlike any other, Apple Arcade was made to explore."
Let's explore. You'll be left wondering:
- Why can't it cache images when you click between tabs?
- Why can't I watch trailers and videos in fullscreen?
- Why can't I control sound volume in videos?
- Why clicking a video sometimes pauses it and sometimes opens a different page?
- Why clicking the same video in the same place may or may not do the same thing it did the last time?
- Why doesn't volume setting (on/off) persist when going between pages showing the same video?
- Is there a worse place to put the volume control for full-page videos?
So many questions. No answers.
One thing for sure, it follows the footsteps of the rest of app store: it's an ungodly mess (see how App Store breaks every HIG rule here: grumpy.website/post/0RsaxCu3P).