How to add a picture to the pinterest:
- Go to Pinterest.de
- See random images, not my pins
- Click to my profile
- My profile contains my boards
- Go to the desired board
- (not in the video, but I actually tried drag and drop to the board, no result)
- See three identical plus icons
- Choose one. It has a dropdown
- Select section: Create, element: Pin
- Navigate to the add page
- Finally, a place that will accept my image. Drop it there
- Don’t worry, we’re far from done
- Click Save
- Wait significant amount of time
- See a popup over my uploaded image, that contains the same image
- Click “See it now”, only viable option. I just uploaded the image, why would I want to see it once more?
- Navigate to the pin page, a thrid page that looks almost identical to both the upload page and a popup about Save being successful.
- Wanting to make sure the upload was successful, navigate to the Profile, then to the board (stupid, but what can I do instead?)
- The image is not there
- Upload it again, still to no success
- Upload it third time, only to discover all three images are now displayed
- Die from too many facepalms
What I expected the experience would be?
- Open pinterest.de, see MY boards immediately
- Drop an image to the one of them, without opening
- See some sort of a message indicating the upload was successful
Seriously, how are they still in business with the core experience being like that? I guess UX is not everything.